This post will give you some ideas about how to use craft to make a lovely, beautiful and meaningful hen do.
This weekend it was a very good friend of mine Nadine's Hen do and I am one of the best ladies so I was very involved in organising and preparing for the event. Over the 10 years Nadine and I have been friends she has made me so many beautiful things (she is an amazing designer and maker) that I felt this was a great opportunity to show my appreciation and help to make her a beautiful day. I am so much looking forward to helping her make her DIY wedding this summer.
What we made in preparation for the Hen Do:
- Tissue Paper Pompoms in Nadine's favourite colours
- Paper Garlands in Nadine's favourite colours to match pompoms
- Cake Flags to match the garlands but also we printed on them N+T (for Nadine and Toby)
- Personalised Paper Cups: we rubber stamped N+T onto all the white paper cups
- Her Favourite Food and dishes we knew she wanted to try (we looked at her pinterest boards for inspiration)
- Lavender Cocktails (using home made lavender syrup) and lavender biscuits (she loves lavender)
What we crafted during the Hen Do:
- Personalised Wrapping Paper: Each hen made personalised wrapping paper using rubber stamps. We each wrote a sentiment about love on a card and then used the sentiments as gifts between each layer to play pass the parcel! And there was a present in the middle!
What we gave as a special gift to Nadine:
- A Bag full of Love: We decided we wanted to give Nadine a special gift from all of us rather than lots of little gifts she may not need. We wanted to give her something that would be a real treat just for her (not for the house - Nadine and Toby are in the middle of a massive house restore so she is constantly thinking house stuff!). We decided on a handbag by one of her favourite bag designers Ally Capellino. We each wrote her a card and filled the bag with cards for her to read later and tiny little gifts of seeds (because she loves gardening and as as symbol of growth and new).