This post will teach you how to make 'Jar and Seeds' favours and give you some party decor tips.
For Elfie's third birthday we had a small joint birthday party with her best friend Joe-Joe. We hired a space in our local community centre and paid for a music specilaist children's entertainer. We decided to have a very simple theme and chose Elfie's and Joe's favourite colour pink - I so love that they both love pink so much so Elfie doesn't need to associate it with girls only. To decorate the party we made paper circle garlands, a large Happy Birthday banner, embellished birthday hats and paper cups and hung paper pom-poms. Aoine (Joe-Joe's mum) had the brilliant idea to give seeds and a jar full of soil as favours - here is how we did it.
Materials for Jar and Seeds favours:
- Empty clean jars with labels removed.
- Fresh soil/ Compost
- Seeds (we chose sunflower seeds as they are large so the children can't lose them)
- Envelopes (or make your own out of your child's paintings like we did. We need an envelope template to help make it quicker)
- Twine to attach envelope to Jar
- Wooden lollipop sticks
How to make Jar and Seeds favours:
- Clean jars.
- Fill each jar half full with soil.
- Add wooden lollipop stick to each jar.
- Customise envelope or make your own. We made ours using Elfie's and Joe's paintings and rubber stamped 'Plant Me' onto the envelopes.
- Add a small handful of seeds to each envelope.
- Bend envelopes around jars and secure with twine.