Last year for Father's Day I made Nick a Dad Bag. I used freezer paper to make my stencil and fabric paint to paint it so it was permanent. I then bought a selection of food and drink that I know Nick loves and covered them with large stickers that I had printed Elfie's drawings on.
How to Make a Dad Bag:
- Buy a plain calico shopping bag or you could use a paper bag it just wouldn't last as long.
- Draw your letters on the freezer paper and using a stencil knife carefully cut out the inside of the letter (see below).
- Iron freezer paper down onto bag (iron bag first to ensure its nice and flat). Make sure you iron the textured side of the freezer paper onto the fabric otherwise you will have a sticky iron!
- Use a sponge roller or paint brush to paint your letters.
- Allow to dry over night and then gently un-peel freezer paper.
- Place a clean cloth on top of the painted letters and iron on a high heat for 1-2 minutes to set paint.
How to cover treats with your child's drawings:
- Scan your child's drawing
- Print it out onto A4 sticker paper or copy and paste it into small sticker templates in word.
- Stick onto treats.